- Find center of belt and place on belly button with tape on your right side.
- Both sides wrap around waist with one side tucking under the other side all the way
around. (If you do not tuck one side under, the belt will be incorrectly crossed behind the back.)
- The side that ends up on top is tucked under both pieces, then grasp both ends to tighten.
- The top piece is then placed over the bottom and pulled through
- Tighten the belt and then fold the belt ends down so
the ends hang down.
- Place one end of your belt on the middle of your stomach. Hold on to this belt end.
- Wrap the other belt end around your back and cross the belt over (on top of) the first belt end on your stomach. The belt will now "hold" the first belt end (as the belt presses the underneath belt end into your stomach).
- Go around your back one more time with the belt and bring the second belt end to your front. You will have a long bit of "left over" belt dangling down from your waist. Keep holding onto the belt.
- Pull the first belt end (the first one "trapped" next to your stomach) out & down so it equals the same length as the second belt end. They should hang down roughly the same distance.
- Take the second belt end (the one that was wrapped around your body) and put it over the first belt end (looking down from your waist, the belt end goes left). Then push this belt end back up under all of the belt wraps (so it goes next to your uniform). Let this second end dangle down from the middle of your waist (it will fall over your belt).
- Take the first belt end and go under the second belt end. Looking down at your waist, the belt end goes left.
- Flip the first belt end over second belt end (it will go right when looking down at your waist) and put the end through the "hole" or "loop" created by the two belt ends.
- Grab both belt ends and pull tight.
- Now you have learned to tie your Taekwondo belt!